Time & Location
About the Event
Join genealogy experts for the History Center’s first virtual Eastern European Genealogy workshop.
Benefitting beginners and seasoned genealogists alike, this in-depth virtual workshop will explore the core genealogical knowledge essential to tracing Eastern European ancestors. Attendees will gain insights into researching ancestors who lived in modern-day Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, and more.
Featuring live Question and Answer sessions and interactive virtual networking opportunities, this workshop will foster connections between attendees and expert speakers on tracing your Eastern European ancestors.
Live virtual presentations include:
- Who Do You Think You Are? The Real World
- Where is That? Determining Place Names in Central and Eastern Europe
- Crossing the Pond: Successful Strategies for Researching Eastern European Ancestors
- Understanding and Interpreting Birth, Marriage and Death Records in Eastern Europe
- Jewish Genealogy Research in the former Russian Empire
Special access to recordings of the lectures will be made available to attendees following the live workshop.
This workshop is offered in partnership with the Jewish Genealogy Society of Pittsburgh, the Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society, and the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.